Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Weekend.

Friday nights are my flyball class night, which means that I'm out training until 10 pm, so Ben is in charge and dinner, bathes and getting the kids to bed. He does a great job and it's a much needed break for me. Finley and I and our friend Carrie went ice skating at a local rink on Saturday. It was super fun. It was Finley's second time and she did great. Her balance is getting better. I'd like  to sign her up for skating lessons and dance lessons, but there isn't enough time! I don't know how other people do it. I am not working much right now other than dog training and some nutrition work, but our schedule is jam packed everyday. We are NEVER bored! On Saturday night Ben's friends from school came over for dinner. I met them for the first time now that he's been in school for 1.5 years. I made Fettuccine Alfredo with Shrimp, Eggplant Gratin and Lemon Walnut Green beans. It was NOT on the low carb diet, but so good! On Sunday I took the dogs for a hike and got stuff done around the house. My need to catch up on sleep really cuts into the day! We had flyball practice as usual on Sunday night and then a team meeting until 11 pm. Finley was amazing. Our meeting started at 9:30. Finley ate with the team and then went into the playroom and played quietly for several hours. She didn't come out until she heard the word ice cream! We ate dessert, she watched a TV show and then we all went to bed! Fin slept until 10. Lucky girl. Training Rowan to sleep is just like training a dog. I try different things and see what works. I think I finally figured something out. The past two nights have been pretty good with minimal wake ups and willing to sleep past 7. Oh we decided to sign Finley up for 5 full days of Montessori preschool next year. I think she will handle it with no problem. That kid loves to learn.  Speaking of not having enough time in a day..I need to get back to work! 

2 comments: