Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow Day

We had a snow day today! I love snow days. I love when the whole family stays home. Finley and the dogs enjoyed playing in the deep powder. Well the whippets didn't, but the border collies love it. I was like the whippets today and stayed snuggled up inside. Didn't even step outside once. I think I took about 2,000 steps, compared to 16,000 yesterday. We had a very relaxing day. I cooked chicken nuggets and broccoli and I finally had a change to catch up on stuff on my computer. We figured out some travel plans for the summer...Cape Cod and a trip to Reno. And we will take the trailer on a few short trips too, so we can get some use out of it and bring the dogs with us.

I am having a very hard time deciding if I should go back to school! Major pros and cons and neither side is a clear winner. I don't want to be in an intensive program for 3 years while my kids are so little, but I know if I do it will pay off (literally) in the long run. I decided today to take the GRE and see how I do and then go from there. In the meantime, I have monthly lectures schedule at the YMCA and have picked up more dog training stuff.

Finley has been testing her boundaries lately, which is expected for her age. She's been so good overall.  Her punishment for not listening or doing something she knows she shouldn't do is that something gets taken away and then if she is good she gets it back. She gets one warning and then consequences happen. She is so funny about it sort of. She takes the punishment well and doesn't get more upset about it.  She has been pretending that she can't put her shoes or clothes on or gets really upset after we say she is done watching TV.  She usually just needs a nap or some alone time and then she is her usual happy self.

Rowan is getting much better at standing and has taken a few steps side to side. Not close to being ready to take steps by herself. Every day she gets better at eating and can eat a full adult meal. No more baby food. We just break up our food into small pieces and put in in front of her. We also don't use sippy cups or bottles. It's funny to see a baby drinking out of an adult sized cup! And she's down to 2 naps a day instead of 3. Sleeping has been OK, not perfect.

Tomorrow will be a long day. Ben has class from 8-5 pm. I have yoga and need to practice my demo routine for the dog training center this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment