Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Looking UP

Things are starting to look up for us a little bit. We put in an offer on a house today! Who knows if we will get it...it's exciting to have found something that we like. I'll be sad if it falls through, but it gives me hope! We love it because it's in a family oriented neighborhood with a playground, tennis courts and beach on a lake. We can walk out our front door and go for a walk. There is also a state park within walking distance. The house itself is on .76 flat acres and there is plenty of space to play chuck-it, have chickens, a garden and park the trailer. There is a covered walk out basement with a hot tub and lovely deck. The downsides are that the layout is unusual, there is a sump pump in the basement, no air conditioning, eletric and oil heat, no stores within walking distance and the whole house has carpet. We are waiting to hear if our offer was accepted!

We managed to get together the funds to buy a larger vehicle for our family. Since we need space for 4+ people and 4 dogs, we decided to get a full size van. Really not a fun vehicle to buy, especially since we cant get anything cool like the Nissan NV. We are looking forward to safely transporting the dogs and children. We will get something like a Ford E series passenger van..hopefully not in white.

I've been still shadowing two PT offices and working on my GRE class, which hasn't gone too well. I also signed up for a Pre-calculus class that I haven't started yet. Definitely feeling overwhelmed with all I have to do and Im watching Finley 3 days a week, so I have two to get everything else done. One of my PT offices offered me a job as a PT aide part time! I told them I'm pregnant and have two trips coming up (one to Reno and one to San Diego). Hopefully that won't dissuade them.

Speaking of being pregnant, we find out if it's a boy or girl on Thursday! I can't believe Im already 1/2 way there. I'm feeling pretty good other than wicked heart burn and lots of the same cravings I had with Finley, which includes chocolate pudding (Trader Joes has amazing dark chocolate pudding!), spicy food, Indian/Vietnamese and Thai, gummy bears, ice cream, bagels, sweet tea and then random things like Shrimp or salad or cottage cheese. It's so funny how the cravings happen. Last time I didn't want to eat vegetables and this time I get serious cravings for vinegar-y salads, no thanks on the blue cheese dressing that I usually love.

Finley is as funny as ever. She loves talking about Thomas the Train and asking about the engines. She asks so many questions about everything "what is it's color?" "what is her last name?" "where is daddy?" "what are you doing?" "what does this do?". It's very cute. She has a new obsession with leaving her door open when she is sleeping and having alone time in her room. I really realize all the phrases I say often, because I hear her repeat them! The best is when she says "Really Mom, Oh my god", but instead of god she says dog. She also bases her friendships with the kids at school and who hits and loves the report when she doesn't hit anyone. She loves trianing the dogs and wants to go to the playground everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment