Thursday, April 12, 2012

craziness

Next week at this time will be our last night in Seattle! Ahhh! We've gotten a lot done since I last posted. The garden and painting is basically done. The garage still needs some work, but thats Ben's department! The kitchen is packed and we are using the cooking stuff from the trailer. I cleaned out the food cabinets, packed some stuff, set some aside for the trailer and made a bag for donation. Based on the food we have left, we will be having Matzoh ball soup tonight and Enchiladas tomorrow night. I HATE wasting food, so when I went food shopping today I bought as little as possible and will try to eat only food in the house. It makes for some interesting meals!

This past weekend we left Finley with her grandparents for 3 nights for the first time! I missed her. A lot and missed her even more when I talked her to on the phone and she said "hi mama" in her happy little voice. The thought of leaving her for almost 2 weeks is terrifying, but we have no choice. It also doesn't help that we will miss her birthday! She would be miserable in the car with us for that many days and will have so much fun with her Gran and Pop.

With all the craziness going on, we took a trip to Victoria for a flyball tournament last weekend. Our friend Sue came to visit for it and we completely took several days off to tour around Seattle and take the ferry to Victoria. We went to the Pike Place Market and the Duck Tour here and visited the inner harbour in Victoria. Of course the ferry ride speaks for itself.  I needed that little break! I didn't think about all the things that are stressing me out and then when we got home it hit! We are leaving so soon!

 
 
23 Months


Finley is a very busy girl. She still sleeps very well, from 8:30-9:30 and naps from 1-4. Yeah that's not a lot of awake time, but when she's awake she really lives it up. She is non stop trying to feed the dogs, empty cabinets, put various clothes on, play with the dogs, "reorganize things", open and close doors. She seriously doesn't quit. The only time she stops moving is when it's time to eat and then she goes big too. The other morning she was eating cereal with fruit and I was eating a leftover Reuben sandwich. She was asking for some and I said you won't like it, but gave her a piece of sauerkraut to try. She liked it and ended up eating 1/2 my sandwich. Lately she's been really into being held, which is fine most of the time, but hard when Im trying to get something done. At least she doesn't care who it is that picks her up!

No comments:

Post a Comment